How to Reuse Old Cardboard Boxes
Tips for recycling at home
After moving and unpacking, you will probably end up with considerable number of used cardboard boxes. Before you decide to put them in storage, give them away or even throw them out, consider reusing them.
There are many interesting and useful things you can make out of old cardboard boxes. Recycling does not necessarily mean that you need to give boxes away for further production of something else; you may do it so in your own home and actually enjoy it. Here we provide some interesting ideas for cardboard boxes reuse.
- If you have children, and wish to make them a great playing corner, why spend money on expensive playhouses or tents? Make a cardboard house out of old boxes. Take the biggest cardboard box, and use scissors to cut the windows and doors on the box. You can be very imaginative and draw different things on the outside of it. Also, use smaller boxes to make children’s furniture for the “house”. Your kids will enjoy it, and so will you.
- Make greeting cards. Your friends and family will love your hand made cards, and all you need is scissors, glazed paper, colors and glittering pens. You may even cut the cardboard in different shapes to make it really unique. Greeting cards with your special touch will definitely make recipients feel special.
- If you have a pet, for example a small dog or a cat, you can make a bed for it. Just cut the boxes to make it a pet bed shape and put some bedding into it. Your pet will enjoy it, and you will save some money. For exact instructions on how to do so read our other article, “Make A Bed For Your Cat“.
- Use your imagination and make Easter ornaments, or any other holiday ornament for that matter. Cardboard is a great base for making handmade Easter ornaments. You can cut it into the shape of an Egg for example or chick. Use paint, glitter, markers and other art supplies to make a colorful and unique ornament. If youve made Christmas ornaments instead poke a hole through the top and use some thread to be able to hang it on the tree.
- Cardboard tubes and boxes can also be used for making some beautiful gift boxes. You can make different shapes and you can cover it with wrapping paper and seal it on the ends with ribbon to give it a large candy appearance.
- Use an old box to create a cardboard photo frame. What you need to do is to measure a photo and make sure that your frame is just a little larger than a photo. Just cut the square (or any other appropriate shape), and then cut out the inside window of the frame. You can decorate it with paper, rubber stamps, buttons, or whatever you can think of.
- If you have a garden, start a compost pile using a cardboard box. Not only you will increase a fertility of the soil for your plants to grow, but the cardboard will, in time, deteriorate and become the part of the compost. There is no better way to recycle.
- Make growing columns with the cardboard, for planting vegetable or salad crops. Stuff a cardboard box first with stones and then with sand, in order to make two different layers. Than, add some water. After the water sinks, put the soil into it, almost to the top. Now your growing column is ready for planting.
- Pieces cut from cardboard boxes can be used as well. Cardboard cut into rectangular shape can be used as insert for folded clothes when traveling. Also, you may use small pieces of cardboard as bookmarks, so you never lose you page when reading.
Furthermore, you don’t even have to cut your old cardboard boxes. You may use them to organize your garage tools, or as a storage for seasonal clothes. There are many ways to reuse old cardboard boxes, so try not to throw them away.
No related posts.