Cultural Tips – Nigeria
Superstitious beliefs for expatriates relocating to Nigeria
Here we are again after those very popular and interesting Mongol superstitions to discover yet another interesting country’s beliefs.
Enjoy our next stop of Move One countries, Nigeria.
- If a man in Nigeria is hit with a broom; he will become impotent until he retaliates by hitting the person back with a broom seven times
- Holding elections in a year that ends with the number three will bring ill-fortune to the country
- If someone steps on the clipped fingernail of another person, they will have a fight with that person
- If you serve or pass anything to anyone with your left hand, it is a sign of disrespect
- If you use an umbrella inside the house, it will rain on your wedding day
- Don’t turn the tip of a knife on yourself during the day, if you do, you will wake up during the night and stab yourself
- Don’t kiss babies on their lips, or they will become drooling adults
- Don’t pick up money you find on the floor, or you’ll turn to stone
- If you whistle at night, a snake will come out
- Don’t look straight at the moon, because there is someone pounding pepper there and if you look at it too hard he will pour it in your eyes
- Don’t swallow the seed of oranges or they will grow inside you
No related posts.