Making relocations easier our services


Comprehensive, efficient immigration solutions


Worldwide door to door moving services

Pet transportation

Transporting your pets with care and experience

Fine Art Shipping

Expert Fine Art shipping and handling services


Worldwide project logistics and freight forwarding

Home » Europe, Relocations, headline

Czech Republic – the latest immigration changes

By Move One
May 13, 2015

As of 24 June 2014 the Act No. 326/1999 Coll. on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic came into force. This latest amendment introduced an Employee Card – a new type of long-term residence permit in the territory of the Czech Republic where the purpose of the foreign national’s stay (longer than 3 months) is employment.

The Employee Card is intended for foreign nationals from all the countries around the world, but not for

  • citizens of the EU/EEA Member States and Switzerland and
  • their family members who are citizens of other states but hold a residence card for a family member of a citizen of the EU/EEA and Switzerland or those who have applied for such a card.

A foreign national who has gained the Employee Card is entitled:

  • to reside in the territory of the Czech Republic and, at the same time,
  • to work in the job for which the Employee Card was issued, or
  • to work in the job for which the Department for Asylum and Migration Policy of the Ministry of Interior granted consent (in connection with changing employer, changing job, taking up employment with an additional employer or in an additional job).

The Employee Card is a plastic card with biometric features and is most often issued for the duration of the employer-employee relationship but not for more than 2 years, with an option to repeatedly extend its validity.

Approximate overall processing time to complete the Employee Card process is estimated to be 90-120 days.

With regard to professional qualifications, the Employee Card is intended for all types of employment regardless of the level of required professional qualifications.

However, the job vacancy for which an application for the Employee Card can be filed must come from the central register of job vacancies that can be filled by holders of Employee Cards. Subject to the consent of the employer, these vacant jobs can be published on the Internet Integrated Portal of the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs where you can find them.

An up-do-date version of the Act No. 326/1999 Coll. on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic can be downloaded here (available in Czech only).

No related posts.

Bookmark or share this post:

Leave a comment!

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. You can also subscribe to these comments via RSS.

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

This is a Gravatar-enabled weblog. To get your own globally-recognized-avatar, please register at Gravatar.

+ 6 = 9

\\ Google analytics tracking code