Moving into a new home is perhaps one of the most difficult and stressful aspects of an international relocation. Indeed, conducting a thorough home search and addressing all related legal necessities and paperwork is a daunting task. Ensuring a smooth transition requires the input of a professional who understands both the local real estate market and the specific needs of the client.
At Move One Relocations, we represent you and not the landlord. We screen all potential homes and arrange all visits and appointments. Additionally, we are able to assist the assignee with contract negotiations, document translation and inventory and inspection on move in day. In certain regions where available homes are either limited or very unique, our destination counselors will work with the assignee (and family members) to better guide them on rental options. Additionally, we are able to assist our clients with contract negotiations and document translation.
While each relocation presents unique challenges and requirements, our home search program generally includes the following:
- telephone briefing accompanied by email questionnaire to identify housing needs
- providing assignee with information related to living in the destination country and city
- screening property offers that meet the client’s needs and budget
- arranging house-hunting tour
On-site home search:
- accompanying the assignee on all home viewings
- negotiating rental contract. Input given to ensure favorable lease terms for client
- translating rental contract if required
- accompanying the assignee on property walk through as well as conducting an inventory inspection to be signed by all parties involved
- organizing the installation of all basic and auxiliary utilities (gas, water, electricity, telephone, television, Internet)
- arranging maintenance contracts required by rental contract
- collecting and delivering keys as appropriate
The client company is kept fully informed of the home search process via regular email and telephone updates.